Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Coming up for Air?


It is hard to believe how long it has been since my last post. It is too easy it is to fall out of a routine when new commitments start pulling on your time. I have only added one extra class to my schedule, but the switch from part to full time has taken over a much larger proportion of my day. It is all going well and my days are full of lots of good things, but full they are. The kids are still loving their time everyday in aftercare. They are signed up for lots of extra lessons and activities and still don't want me to pull them away from the fun too early.
We were able to make it to Georgia this weekend to visit with family. It was great to have all of the cousins together with plenty of time to play and talk and just hang out together.

Zach is doing very well right now. He is happy and getting into everything. The oxygen is still a constant reminder of his health issues as is the feeding tube, but there is still hope that those might go away eventually.

It is great to be close enough to family to see them on a long weekend. I know Mom would love for us to live even closer, but it is good to be able to make the drive on a somewhat regular basis.

Obviously, activity on the quilting front has been slim. I took the Tea Rose Sampler for Paige to have on her new bed and she took to it right away. It hasn't made it onto the bed yet because she is too busy snuggling with it. I hadn't specifically intended that quilt for her, but until the Whirly Giggles comes together, it seems to be making her happy. I took the Sister's Choice up with the materials to put on the final border and get it layered and sized to the bed. I managed to get two of the four sides on, but couldn't make much progress with everything else going on.
Next weekend seems calm so far. Maybe I'll be able to find some quality time with my machine and finish up a little bit of something. Maybe.

4 comments:

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Glad to see you are back. I figured school had you bogged down. Looks like you had great family time. The shirttails project, cactus patch is a lot of fun I think I am going to make a King for my bed.

Micki said...

Glad that you are back and that you had a wonderful family time together.
Micki

Gerrison said...

Outdoor entertainment is a great way to relax and get a lot of positive emotions. But when a person has a mental health problem, there is nothing more effective than best cbd oil for anxiety. Thanks to CBD oil, I was able to quickly overcome years of anxiety and now enjoy life.

RED ARROW said...

Fresh air is necessary for our health. This is undeniable. It especially concerns people who have problems with health. I know many people who suffer from erectile dysfunction and they are ready for anything to change this situation. If you are one of them, you should Get More Info here