Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good Day


I wasn't sure it was going to be a good day when the alarm went off at 5:35. I haven't seen o dark thirty since summer started. It's hard to get a run in before the heat of the day takes over though, and I had a date for 6 miles at 6 o'clock. I got a blister at three miles and headed home, but 4.7 miles is better than no miles, and my running partner is the most understanding person I know.
After that is was home to shower and do all the regular morning things. I was at Joann's right after they opened with my 50% off coupon in hand. I needed something for the back of the June mystery quilt which really needs a name already. Bought backing and binding and couldn't resist a visit to the half off clearance sale. I love clearance! Found some suede type stuff for an idea I have for the master bedroom and a piece that should work for the back of a patriotic quilt, maybe a QOV? Found another clearance section with summer plastic for the kitchen and couldn't pass up on 70% off. Did I mention how much I really love clearance? Lunch was my favorite Jason's Deli, right next to Joann's. Made it home by noon just in time for a quick nap. Had to make up for that 5:35 alarm clock, right? I took a book with me so that I could pretend to read, but nobody was buying that.
Play date followed play date all afternoon while I whittled away at the three borders that this quilt called for while running the new fabric through the wash cycle. Sunday is pizza night at our house, during the summer we watch recorded episodes of Wipeout which the kids think is the best show EVER. Stories were followed by bed, and now at 8:29 I am happily cutting away at a brand new quilt. This one if for Anna. She wants wonky yellow stars and a moon on a dark blue background with the following words, "Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars." It's a lot of words, but maybe I'll mix some wonky Tonya R. letters with some embroidery to make it all fit. Or I could make the letters smallish and they could go all around the border? Anna has a queen sized bed, so there is room to play.

3 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Hi there

Linda from Down Under - Quilt name? How about "Iced Sherbet"
Cheers

Linda
In New Zealand

Quilter Kathy said...

I like the name "Stars on Ice"...but maybe I have ice on the brain because I am sweating to death! Way to go finishing those borders! I can't wait to get mine sewn together!

Gerrison said...

Thus, you will be able to find a site that suits your interests, which will give you a lot of new and unexplored sensations. You can download it for free for online dating, because it is a great way to find a couple and maybe even love for life. Do not hesitate, because we all know that you can find your soulmate through the Internet. You just need to make a choice in favor of latino dating websites free, which offer many free options or paid ones.