Monday, July 12, 2010

Design Wall Monday July 12


Happy Monday. I am feeling so good about finishing off the June Mystery Quilt to be named later that I couldn't wait to jump in to a new quilt. Anna has been reminding me lately that I owe her a quilt, so I started in on that first thing. I had to shuffle Anna off to VBS first, but I rushed home and got in these three blocks before it was time to pick her up again. Just as we were getting ready to load everyone up and head out the door, the FedEx man showed up with TWO big boxes. One was a game table for Ryan's birthday with some assembly required. But the other was my brand new accuquilt GO! No assembly required on that one. As soon as we all got back home again it was opened up and cutting scraps into bits and pieces. Now I'm running around in circles trying to figure out what to do next. I want to cut fabric with my new toy, but I need to get myself a little organized and figure out what I'm going to cut and what I'm going to do with the pieces. I have lots of ideas of course, but right now I'm lacking the discipline to focus and plan. Aren't new toys fun?
Anna had an appointment for some testing this afternoon so we all went out for ice cream as treat when it was done. Del's freeze is one of the first places I went to when we moved to town. I signed up for a prenatal aerobics class while pregnant with Anna and we used to get ice cream when it was done. Nothing could be funnier than a gaggle of big pregnant ladies at an ice cream shop. Put's an image in your head, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Your mystery turned out fabulous!
GO! cutter--still haven't decided whether or not to spend the $$...sigh..

Ice cream + kiddos = fun!

Trisha said...

Glad you got your accuquilt go! Yay!! I am excited to see all that you do with it.

Linda Lee said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed their ice cream treats. Anna's new quilt looks like a fun quilt. She will love it.
I have never seen an accuquilt work. I'm anxious to see the things you do with it. Have a great day.

Candace said...

Like the others, I'm looking forward to seeing how you like your new toy. It seems like it would be a wonderful labor saver and speeder upper, which will get more quilts to your new longarm faster. Your design wall looks like the start of some new pretties.

em's scrapbag said...

So jealous of your Go cutter.