Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nine Patch Bonanza


I finished up the nine patches that I needed for Mom's pillow shams. Pillows are pretty small compared to beds, so I don't think I'll need too many. The 2.5 inch bin wouldn't close though, so I kept pulling strips that I thought were pretty, pairing them up as I went. I see two more quilts in the works, one with pastel colors and one with Christmas colors. I'll do some quick math to figure out how many I'll need and pull some more strips. The nine patches don't work too well as leaders and enders compared to four patches though because there are too many pieces to keep matched up
Even after all those nine patches, my 2.5 inch strip bin won't even think about closing. I guess I'll make a few more.
Today is the great cousin swap in reverse. I have missed my girls and can't wait to see them again. They have been having fun though, and a little separation can be a good thing. Schedules are out for the new school year along with supply lists and meeting dates. I guess it is time to start shifting gears out of summer mode.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me!!!! Let me show you what a "real" scrappy 2.5" bin looks like!!! Hap-hazzard, crumply strips mixed together like a plate of fabric-spaghetti! THAT"S what a "real" bin looks like!

LOOOOOOK at how organized your bin is. That's just too funny! You amaze me!

Love the simplicity of 9-patches! Can't wait to see how you see a quilt....

Anonymous said...

I can't bevieve you have a bin just for 2.5" strips - makes my stash, which fits into a single shoe box, look paltry in comparison! I reckon you DO need to make a few more quilts... did I mention my birthday is in two weeks? LOL

LuAnn said...

Great nine patches!!! You have been busy cutting strips. That is my plan for this afternoon. If I had an adress for jaycad (above) I'd send her a box full of fabric, and I wouldn't miss it. I have SABLE (Stash Available Beyond Life Expectancy).