Saturday, July 3, 2010

Post Vacation


5 empty suitcases, 5 loads of clean laundry, 3 sleeping children and 1 dog who is happy to be home. Life after vacation is getting back to normal. Sydney got a book on making towel animals as a souvenir, so maybe a little bit of vacation will carry on for a while. So far she has made us a dog, a bat and an elephant.
I emptied the camera, but we didn't take that many pictures while we were away. Most of the shore excursions were wet, so we didn't end up bringing the camera along that much. I did get this one of the boat as we went from the waterfall to the dolphin cove on Jamaica. We had a waterproof camera while we were climbing, so hopefully some of those will turn out.


I took this one as we were leaving stingray city in Grand Cayman. The kids had enjoyed the stingrays so much when we took them on a cruise three years ago that they wanted to go again. This was basically a big sandbar in the middle of nowhere with lots and lots of stingrays. Again,we carried a waterproof camera, so we'll have to wait on those photos. Now that I think of it, I've got pictures on my phone as well, so maybe I'll get those off tomorrow and try to cobble together some sort of cohesive story.


I can't have a post on a quilt blog without something quilt related somewhere, so here is a picture of square root which has its borders on now. It doesn't show up much in the picture, but the border is a blue and white stripe. I didn't want to mess with trying to miter the stripes or cut them so they would match up. Instead I just made some cornerstones. The extra bits and pieces are sewn together to make a little stripe for the back. I will get it on the frame in the morning as soon as I get it all reassembled. Everything got put away for company before the cruise. We were traveling with Kurt's family and they all came to spend a night here before we departed.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

The cruise ship looks huge! The water where you swam with the sting rays look so clear and beautiful. What fun!

Amy said...

Oooo...that water is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Sooo soooo soooo jealous, way up here in the North!