Friday, November 5, 2010

Amy's Quilt Festival

 This quilt arose out of nothing more meaningful than an urge to use up some of the 1.5 inch strips I had collected while trimming down scraps. I keep all my scraps in plastic drawer organizers, and that particular drawer didn't want to close anymore.  I was going to just throw some of them together to make quick donation quilt and move on with things.  As I started randomly sewing strips together, I had fun remembering where all the fabrics had been used before and watching them come together in unlikely combinations.  The more I sewed, the more I enjoyed the results until I was out of strips and still wanting to make more blocks.  I even put together a tutorial so other people could follow along. 
If you have a few minutes to spare, head over to Amy's Quilt Festival and check out some of the other entries. Be careful though, you might get lost.

12 comments:

Melinda said...

Great choice for the festival. What a clever quilt.

QuiltSue said...

It's a great quilt.

pinsandneedles said...

I love your postage stamp quilt. Definitely a scrap buster! Nicely done!

jessica said...

Fantastic quilt! Love how you used up your scraps!

Jessie
www.designsbyjessie.com/wp/

SandyQuilts said...

Oh my gosh I love your quilt. Scrappy is very dear to me, I always think of my grandmothers.

And thanks for visiting my blog.

Roslyn said...

You must be a fan of Bonnie Hunter's quilts! Love this scrappy one, aren't they fun?

Gretchen said...

I love your postage stamp quilt! A wonderful old-fashioned kind of quilt. My family has two from great-grandmothers.

Wendy said...

Hate to admit this, but I'm envious! Beautiful quilt and the fact that you used up scraps too, geez! Wonderful job!! Thank you for sharing!!

Micki said...

I love quilts like that...just lovely!
Micki

Karen said...

Your quilt looks great! Love that you were able to use up scraps to make it. Great result!

Andee said...

It is beautiful! I love all those tiny squares!

Michelle said...

After a 1200 mile move in the middle of the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I'm just now getting back to it.

As a scrappy quilter myself, I find your quilt absolutely delightful. What fun!