Three days wasn't quite enough to finish all that I have in mind, but it made a huge dent. The paint is fresh and clean, the grime is scrubbed away. I've got covers made for the cubbies where students hide their cell phones and nifty plugs for the sinks as well. There is some fabric involved as well, which I will use for a little window valance and bulletin board cover.
So with the bulk of my classroom renovation under control, I'm ready to switch gears for summer projects. I've pulled out a stack of flimsies awaiting borders that are first on the list. Last night while watching TV with the family, I sorted through scraps and cut them into strips and squares. I'm not sure what I'll start with, but anticipation is all part of the fun. Swim team starts bright and early in the morning and then I have an entire day to sew and hang out with the kids. Sometimes being a teacher is a really good thing!