Saturday, May 7, 2011

Midget Block 41

This one is called Illinois World's Fair. It has 88 pieces and is paper pieced with applique additions on the center. It came together pretty quickly after pizza and before bedtime.  I do think I've had enough of the little triangle bits for a while though. 
I like the contrast in this one.  The next one has two similar shades and I think it will all blend together when it is done.  I'm still sticking close to the original colors, even if the colors wouldn't have been the ones I would have chosen. 
Anna is off on a sleepover and Ryan has a friend sleeping over here.   We finally pulled everyone out of the pool and they are all sleeping soundly.  I've been enjoying a mother's day movie marathon but won't be far behind the kids in the sleep department.  I hope you all enjoy your mother's day tomorrow. 

9 comments:

Jane said...

What a gorgeous little block

Ellen said...

Great job on those midget blocks so many pieces but so cute!

Melinda said...

That's a lot of pieces for one evening. You've accomplished alot in one day and so deserved a day of sewing after the Spring you have had. DS #4 was studying for the AP Bio test last night while we watched a movie. Happy Mother's Day.

Amy said...

OMGoodness girl! Great progress on your midgets.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great block! Glad to see you getting back to the Midgets! :)

Deb A said...

Love your midget blocks. I guess I really should pull mine out again and get moving on them!

~Niki~ said...

so glad I just found your sweet blog~I'm having 2 giveaways now and very few have signed up. Wanted to let you know about them!
butternut street

LuAnn said...

I love those midget blocks. Your fabric choices are great.

Janet said...

I love the colors of this midget block. I can't imagine sewing it tho--all those little pieces. You are an amazing sewer!