Sunday, April 15, 2012

Crumbs

 I just finished putting the binding on the crumb quilt from the crumb along at Jos Country Junction.  It started in September of 2011.  September is a silly time for a teacher to start a new quilt, but it did manage to get finished within the same school year.    I quilted black loop-de-loops which don't really show up much on the black background, but they went quickly and were fun to do. I'll save the hand work on the binding for TV time or the next long car trip. 
The green crumbs are next on the list.  I have a green fabric for the border.   I hope there is enough.  If not I might end up with two green borders as I think there needs to be quite a bit of green on the outside.  The yellow ended up being dominant in the center and it needs some balance. If that doesn't work I'll pick something up this afternoon.  Sydney has a birthday party which is down south by the fabric store.  I also need to get some more cheddar for the setting triangles on the bow-tie blocks. 
Kurt and the girls took Lizzie to the beach this morning. All the local beaches used to be closed to dogs, but they have just opened up a section to dogs.  She seemed to like it, though she would only go in the water up to her shoulders.  

5 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your crumb quilts! I agree the second one needs a lot of green in the border, and 2 greens might be better than 1 since it is a scrappy quilt. Maybe even more than 2? Can't wait to see what you come up with :*)

Betty Lou said...

Love your crumbs, I am always amazed when you show one of those tiny, tiny blocks. Very nice.

Jane said...

The crumb quilt has come out really well, looks great in black

Andee said...

I like the crumb quilts..I printed all the info on that and really wanted to do it, but didn't fit it in! Was going to nominate you for the Leibster award but you have more than 200 followers! WOW!

Ellen said...

I really enjoy quilting with loopy loops too - it is such a fun pattern. Your crumb quilts look great - I think the green and yellow one looks great as it is - can't wait to see how you decide to finish it.