Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK Day

After the dentist this morning I wanted to do something calm and avoid the nap that was calling my name.  Pulling a few simple paper pieced blocks out of the Dear Jane stack seemed like a nice low impact activity for the afternoon.  There is a tiny bit of handwork to do on inset seams and odd applique additions, but I'll add these four blocks to the collection nonetheless.  Now that I've managed to stay upright all day, I'm waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in before curling up with a good book.  I read a nice review of Sotomayor's new book and was thinking of downloading the Kindle version.   It is either that or the creativity textbook for my gifted class.  Apparently creativity has a lot to do with self actualization.  

6 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

These are so great in purples :*) I hope you enjoy a pain-free evening!

Sheila said...

Pretty blocks. Hope the Ibuprofen does it's job and you can rest.

Amanda said...

Tough luck on the visit to the dentist, hope it improves soon. I'm bemused by your title, I thought at first that it said Milk Day, but MLK doesn't mean anything to me either.

Amanda said...

It suddenly came to me! Martin Luther King Day?

Andee said...

Looks like you got a lot done! Love the purples!

Kate said...

Hope you have recovered from the dentist appointment, I hate those. You got a lot done for someone fighting the nap monster.