Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tiny Tuesday - Florence Nightingale


 This was a simple and straight forward traditionally pieced block.  It is number A8 from the Dear Jane quilt.   I'm still not sure what the measurements were.  I just laid my ruler over the top of the pattern in the book, added an extra quarter of an inch all around and then cut the fabric that big.  The triangles were cut oversized and then trimmed down.
Kurt was my model tonight.  He seems to be getting more creative with poses these days.

DJ Count 5 blocks 0 triangles 27 pieces

10 comments:

Kath said...

hee hee!

Deb A said...

Much better than the mug shot pose! Pretty block.

Quilter Kathy said...

What an enthusiastic model you have! LOL

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Could be the next poster child for Dear Jane!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

At least he lets you take pics to post on your blog. My DH wouldn't let me do that. I took my DJ book to Curry printing yesterday and had them cut off the binding and spiral bound it so it lays flat now, and I can flip it backwards all the way too to lay in a copy machine to make copies of the pages. I don't have the CD.

Ellen said...

I guess he's not too concerned if the guys from work see his picture - hee hee!

Nice block - I really like that soft pink fabric.

Ellen said...

Oops - I meant to add that I did the same as Ann Marie and had my book spiral bound. I had thought about buying the software but didn't.

Ellen said...

Oops - I meant to add that I did the same as Ann Marie and had my book spiral bound. I had thought about buying the software but didn't.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

LOLLLLLLLLL....love the look on your models face.

Kate said...

My Guy will comment on any quilt, but model, not in this lifetime. Very pretty block, fun model.