Saturday, August 24, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Red Runs On

It is hard to believe that as long as we have been working on red, there is still one more red Saturday to go.  Red is a fairly "big" scrap color for most people, so I hope that gives you a chance to dig into your baskets and use it all up.  I managed to come up with more variety in my red postage stamps than I thought and ended up with five monster blocks to add to my rainbow collection.  Still a bit of catch up to do for green and blue, but it will be a nice collection when it all comes together at the end I think.
How about you?  Still finding lots of red to keep you sewing?  Use misterlinky below to share your progress.

14 comments:

Barb said...

I don't even think I have that much red....

Julierose said...

Reds are being unearthed here from my Christmas Fabric box...having fun with this one...thanks, Julierose

Katie Z. said...

I definitely have plenty of red to go! (Although the stash may now contain a yard or less of red. Finding the right reds to purchase is HARD.)

Your monster blocks are awesome.

Sheila said...

LOVE your red postage stamp blocks, Angela! Beautiful. Red is a great color.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your blocks are looking beautiful! I think I'm going to start doing something similar with my crumbs, they are multiplying like rabbits!,,

Quilter Kathy said...

Postage stamp blocks are such great scrap eaters!
I am surprised at the amount of red in my scraps... most are either valentine theme or Christmas theme, but those are my two favorite holidays!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

good that is still another red Saturday to go, because I have a lot of red. Did I read that right that someone has less than a yard of red left in her stash...how can that be??

Judy D in WA said...

I LOVE your red blocks! They make a big, happy statement.

Cathy said...

Love the postage stamp blocks. Are they made of 1.5 inch squares?

Angie said...

Love those red postage stamp blocks - I just want to wrap up in them! I have used up a lot of red scraps, but I've also made new ones. That's OK, I'm inspired to do an all red and white quilt next year...

Cathy Tomm said...

Great red monster blocks. Sorry you have to go back to school and have so much other pressure then the teaching.

Edith said...

These red postage stamp blocks are looking great, how big are your cut squares?

Andee said...

Dying to know what the next color is :) Long weekend will find me at my machine!

Kate said...

Love the postage stamp blocks!