Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dark Days

Black can be a difficult color for a lot of people.  Getting decent contrast can be a challenge as there never seems to be enough variety to see lots of differences.  I like to think about it as more of a background than a focus color.  I do enjoy how other colors pop against a dark background though.  This is a crumb quilt that I made a few years ago that was supposed to have an Amish feel.  It went somewhere else though during the process though.
Have you started to ponder your dark scraps yet?  Don't be afraid to try, after all, they were only scraps to begin with.



8 comments:

Deb A said...

Love that black is this month. I was itching to get into the dark pile of scraps. Maybe I can find more little black projects hanging around in the sewing room that need some attention......

Julierose said...

My teeney pile of black (actually mostly B&W, is all aheap on my cutting table. I don't really know what will come out of this; that is the FUN part! Thanks to this challenge, I am learning the fact that, so far, I don't use pastel blue, or black or grey very much in my quilts. Hmmm...food for thought. I also like the fact that I am limited; usually (duh!) I range to very multi-scrappy in my color ways!! So for me it really is a challenge. Loving it! Hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Just finish my baby blue triangles! Next week I´ll sew my grey/black :)
Gun, Sweden

Kate said...

I've just not had time for scraps this year. I'll just have to enjoy seeing what everyone else comes up with.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'm excited about black & grey... well I don't have much grey since I've just started buying it for new projects but I've got B&W and brights on black that should be fun!

Cathy said...

Hope you get a chance to do some sewing this month! I like that black/gray is the color for this month.

Quilter Kathy said...

I am excited to give black a try. I know I must have a lot of scraps somewhere to sew up.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Okay, I am way late, but this is all of the black I am doing this month. It gets crazy busy for me for the rest of October, so this is the only chance I will ge to link in. Wishing you all a great October