Sunday, November 3, 2013

Applique Today

Sunday is such a nice day to settle in with a needle and a thimble.  I just finished up the applique bits on 8 little Dear Jane blocks!  I could have gotten more done, but the usual weekend things were calling my name.  Laundry is more done than it was this morning.  The pool deck is cleaner too and the screen enclosure is temporarily spider web free.  Three houseplants are happy in new pots and 25 beautiful teal and purple cupcakes are ready to take to school tomorrow!  It is going to feel so odd going back in the morning after being out of class for 4 days in a row.  7th period won the contest for best class for the sub.  I even went in for three hours while Ryan and Anna had play practice yesterday and caught up on grading.  E-mail might take a day or two to dig through.  For now I'm just trying to avoid falling asleep on the couch at 8 and waking up at 3.  Daylight savings is already messing with me.  

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Well, you could always sew at 3AM! I fear mine are going to be really cranky in the morning - almost 8 and still not settled for bed. Your blocks look great - you got so much done in the last week you amaze me.

Sewing In CT said...

It's nice to see your DJ work again. One day I will try a bit of applique...

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Anyone working on those blocks is a Rockstar in my eyes :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your little blocks amaze me! As you can tell by how late I am posting I am behind too, don't know how that happened with the extra hour. LOL