Saturday, November 9, 2013

ScrapHappy Chocolate Edition

What a week!  Every weekend I think I'll be able to find a little time during the school week to make some sewing progress and every week lately I seem to be going from one weekend to the next with nothing in the middle.  I'm trying to remember what filled the evenings.  Monday was academic team, Tuesday was gymnastics, Wednesday we went out to dinner, Thursday was parent conferences at school and Friday we had Lego robotics.  By last night I was literally falling asleep on the couch at 6:30.  This is a three day weekend though and I plan to enjoy every minute.  Play practice and OM this morning.  Ryan's flag football team made it to the Superbowl which is tonight.  It will be under the lights with real announcers - so exciting.
Sewing?  Still no machine.  I think I will call the quilt shop for an update.  I can do paper piecing or poverty piecing on Anna's machine though, so progress will still be made.  Honestly what most needs to be done is cleaning up the sewing room for Thanksgiving.  Kurt's brother with family and sister and parents as well as my sister and kids are all coming to visit.  I'm guessing they will all want someplace to sleep.
What about you?  Feeling the rich warmth of brown as things start to cool down?

10 comments:

Katie Z. said...

How many teeny 9 patches do you suppose you have? Or are you simply stociling at this point, with too far to go to count?

Deb A said...

Sometimes life does get in the way of our sewing time! I hope to get my snails sewn tonight - I seem to have cut one of the squares the wrong size - for both blocks! Oops.
Good luck to Ryan tonight at his game. So glad I have until February to clean up my sewing room!

Sheila said...

What sweet little blocks, Angela. Such tiny pieces of fabric : )

Karen said...

Such little 9 patch blocks but they are beautiful.

Cathy said...

I love nine patches. They are so versatile, with so many different ways to use them.

Angie said...

Sorry to hear your machine is still in the shop AND you have to clean up the sewing room! Hope you have some great family and sewing time this weekend!

Ellen said...

Lovely little stacks of 9 patches!

I do hope that you get your sewing machine back soon...I know I would miss mine terribly.

Cathy said...

Cute 9Ps. Your Thanksgiving sounds like it will be fun and worth a sewing room cleaning!

Julie in GA said...

Your nine-patch blocks look great--can't wait to see what they turn into! I hope you get all your cleaning done and that life settles down a bit.

Kate said...

Looks like you still managed to get quite a bit done. It's hard to sew during the week when the kids have so much going on. DT has swim practice two nights a week, and starting this week, 2 nights of volleyball. Thankfully volleyball practice takes place 5 minutes from the house!