Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler - Bowtie

It seems like ages since I've had a chance to make a rainbow scrap challenge sampler block.
I thought I'd jump back in with something nice and simple.  For this block you will need:
2 - 3.5 inch squares of light pink fabric.
2 - 3.5 inch squares of dark pink fabric
2 - 2 inch squares of dark pink fabric.
Draw a line diagonally corner to corner on the back of the small squares.

Place a small dark square, right sides together on the large light pink square and sew on the drawn line.  Repeat for each square and press the squares using the "sew and flip" method.  Assuming all the edges line up, trim away the bottom triangle.
Arrange the light pink squares as shown in the picture with the dark corners pointing in toward the middle of the block

Sew the four patch together and press.  Your finished block should be 6.5 inches unfinished.  

12 comments:

Deb A said...

A nice easy block to make today. Yea!

Angie said...

Yay! Gonna go try to get this done before work!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh! Thank you.

Marly said...

Thanks Angela, it looks really sweet. It's a long time since I've been anywhere near a bow tie!

Nell's Quilts said...

I've been looking forward to the next block and was just finishing up another little project. There was some wild animal pink fabric left over so I jumped right in and made the bow tie.

Karen said...

I have been make 3" bow tie blocks. Maybe it is time to make some bigger ones.

Sheila said...

Oh! I like this one. It is soooo cute!

Sheila said...

Oh! I like this one. It is soooo cute!

Sheila said...

Oh! I like this one. It is soooo cute!

Dasha said...

I was itching to go have a sew, and thought I would be super cheeky/smart, so I checked out the colour for March last year, intending to secretly start on next month's colour. But you have outsmarted me my friend. Your month's colours are different this year to last! So I shall have to go find something else to do. LOL.
Your bow tie is cute.

Kate said...

I like simple, especially for stitching up in the middle of the week. I'm really enjoying the RSCS blocks.

Julie in GA said...

I love making Bowtie blocks--so quick & easy. Yours look great!