Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler - Four Corners

Does anyone know if this block has a real name?  I found a line drawing, but it didn't come with a name so I made one up.
 This is a simple and quick little block.  You will need four 2 inch squares of light fabric, four 2 inch squares of dark fabric and four 2 inch by 3.5 inch rectangles of medium fabric.
 First sew two dark and two light squares into a four patch.
Next sew one medium rectangle to each side of the four patch.
You will also need to sew one dark square and one light square to each end of both rectangles.
Press the seams away from the four patch in the middle and toward the rectangles on the sides so that your seams will nest nicely.
Sew the three sections together, making sure that the dark squares and light squares line up as shown in the picture.  

10 comments:

DeeDee said...

Another cute block - thanks for the inspiration....

sophie said...

This would make a great alternate block in sampler quilts. FWIW, I looked in Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns and didn't find it there.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

EQ7 has the name of that block listed as "Frayed Four Patch" but who knows if that it the right name? Your block looks great.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

EQ7 has the name of that block listed as "Frayed Four Patch" but who knows if that it the right name? Your block looks great.

Angie said...

I went straight to my sewing room to make this block while drinking my morning coffee. Picked out my fabrics, but couldn't stand the mess in the 2" strip box any longer and started sorting and organizing. I had to stop for errands and such, but I'm hopeful I'll finish the organizational efforts AND the block before kickoff time!

Sheila said...

Whatever it is, I LIKE it! I could imagine an entire quilt of these blocks made scrappy in all colors and prints with skinny sashing.

Jannette said...

LOVE that block, and especially the soft pinks of your fabrics.
I have a question though - how am I supposed to make a quilt in a few days if people keep posting great inspiration blocks? I simply have to try them all! LOL

Gina said...

This would make a great scrappy quilt block xx

Faye said...

such pretty fabrics!

Kate said...

No pink scraps pulled out yet, but i hope to get to this one later in the week.