Saturday, May 23, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - 3 Days of Green

I haven't sewn a stitch all week, so I thought I'd go back to the archives to pull something fun.  This green and yellow quilt started with me wondering what to do with a random collection of crumb blocks.  After framing them on two sides with a wide yellow, they got a nice green border to finish it all off.
Just 5 more school days, so I am thinking that I will have more sewing time very soon.  I got a burst of end of year energy after AP and EOC testing finished.  Updating lesson plans and web sites has been a priority in the evenings lately, but I can sense that shift will occur soon.
Believe it or not, there is still one more week of green to enjoy, so go ahead and share your progress so far, but don't panic if things aren't all wrapped up quite yet.


14 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The end is in sight...our I should say the beginning! (Of sewing!)
Hang in there!

Nell's Quilts said...

The green and yellow quilt is so fresh and bright. Hope to get caught up on the RSC blocks next week before I run out of May days.

Kat Scribner said...

Hi, Angela. Again, I want to say how much I am enjoying using the easy angle and companion angle tools. I almost understand it. lol and I'm finding myself preferring them over other methods now. Almost done with the greens too, HOW MANY little green squares will we need for the finishing?

Kate said...

Even though I don't teach, it always seems like there is more time to stitch in the summer. Hope you can find another burst of energy after you get the AP and EOC tests graded and in the system.

Julierose said...

Your Green and yellow quilt is so cheery--lovely piece. I am done with my greens for this month--BUT am catching up on Purple still lol!!
Hugs on Memorial day Weekend

Quiltdivajulie said...

This was crumb week and power stitching more green scraps . . . good luck with the end of the school year!

Andee said...

What a great Packer quilt! :)

gayle said...

I love Saturdays! Thank you for giving us all this wonderful quilt candy to look at!

Sue SA said...

Still getting my head around you being in summer while we are just starting winter. But glad for you if that means you are going to get some full one sewing time, enjoy!

Jennifer said...

have I missed the alternate block instructions? I don't have any of those done, although I do have my squares saved out...

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your quilt. Thanks for continuing to do this challenge even while so busy.

Magpie Sue said...

I like your green and yellow crumb quilt. Now to go see what everyone else has done!

Sheila said...

Love your green and yellow crumb block quilt from the past!

Marly said...

Nice way of finishing the crumb blocks, Angela. No green sewing by me this week either; I'm away from home,machine and stash so just making some EPP flowers - but no geeen ones!