Elm Creek Sampler, done in 2011. It took 4 years to get it quilted. So I guess that makes this one about due as well. Everything is done except the last half of the border. That shouldn't take too long, right?
Usually I use a plastic quilting hoop I switched after breaking of couple of wooden hoops in quick succession. For the border though, I pulled out a rectangular PVC frame, I think it will make it easier to work on the feathers near the edge of the quilt without having to reposition the hoop so often. An added bonus is that I can break it down for compact storage during travel.
This little broken dishes star quilt got layered up yesterday to be next on the list. It is made from bonus HST units that got squared up to 1.75 inches. They weren't quite big enough for 2 inches, but 1.5 seemed too tiny. I even cut the inner border to 1.75 inches, just to remain consistent. I'm thinking about doing two lines in the sashing strips, a quarter inch in from each side, them maybe some diagonal lines through the blocks and cornerstones with something fancy in the border. I'll link up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday, but also with Cindy at Oh Scrap. Nothing is scrappier than bonus HST units after all.