Saturday, April 30, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - Sew Happy to be Home Again


What are the odds that I would have been out of town for the first three weekends in April?  Now that the orange month is almost at its end, I am SEW happy to have a home day!  These poor little butterfly blocks have been sitting here so patiently, waiting to be sewn.  They will get their turn first and then I will see what other orange mischief I can come up with before it is time to switch colors.  AP testing starts Monday, that is the point at which regular teaching is just a faint hope for the upperclassmen.  Senior boards were Thursday and the senior prank followed on Friday, so they are truly, officially, feeling that the end is in sight.  I must say, I was a fan of this year's Christmas in April theme.  We all arrived at school on Friday morning to a giant sleigh on the front lawn with fake snow and artificial trees decorating the pavilion.  So many rolls of wrapping paper!  The kids had a holiday dance party in their pajamas and Christmas sweaters.  They did, eventually come to class, but regular lessons were not really part of the plans.  My freshmen still have two weeks until their end of course exam, so hopefully they will be a little more cooperative so that we can get some quality review time in.
Misterlinky is below, please share your orange progress.  Mine is woeful and small, so seeing all your beautiful projects is an inspiration.



12 comments:

Ivani said...

Enjoy your first Happy Scrappy sewing Saturday of the month. Christmas in April how fun!

Kate said...

Enjoy your weekend at home. I hope you get in some significant stitching time. It's prom weekend here and AP tests start on Monday for my junior.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It sounds like it's all downhill from here! Have a relaxing weekend!

Delighted Hands said...

Savor the day! And get a lot of sewing done!

Marly said...

Enjoy sewing this weekend Angela. We had Christmas in April too, only the snow was REAL!

Deb A said...

Enjoy your home day today! Any hints on the color for May?

Betty C said...

Have a nice weekend.

Heidi said...

Enjoy your weekend at home! I finished my orange blocks this week - not sure when I can post though with company coming. Hope you get lots of sewing time in May!

beaquilter said...

can't wait for the new color tomorrow!

Katie Z. said...

Thank you for hosting even when life is crazy! I look forward to Saturday blog hopping.

Cathy said...

You are so awesome to juggle so many things and still keep us RSCers herded! I hope you have a lovely weekend and lots of quality sewing time in the next days and weeks.

quiltingbydawn said...

Oops! Forgot to link up after I finished my orange block. On to May!