Friday, August 5, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler August Block


I love the fabric that Vicki designed for August.  I wanted a purples and silver, but she popped it up with an acid green instead.  She thought that the silver would turn out grey and be too dreary.  

 This is a nice simple block which can be cut from just 2.5 inch strips.
From the main color, cut 2 - 6.5 inch strips and 2 2.5 inch squares.
From the alternate color, cut 1 - 2.5 inch square.
 Sew the 3 squared together with the alternate color in the middle.
Take the pieced strip and sew it between to the two rectangles.
Your finished block should be 6.5 inches.
For the larger quilt, make 12 blocks.
For the smaller quilt, make 9 blocks.  

4 comments:

A Quilters Playhouse said...

I like this block and will be using it. Just wondering...what is the block's name? Thanks.

Gayle

aquiltersplayhouse at gmail dot com

Jo said...

I love it with the green... A nice mix

Deb A said...

I have just the grey fabric for this! Will go pull purple to go with....

beaquilter said...

Hey I emailed you about something last week about RSC16