Sunday, March 12, 2017

OMG Quiltng progress

 Lizzie was ready to try out the new quilt the minute I pulled it off the frame.
 I quilted the top border first thing, but wasn't crazy about it, so I haven't done any of the other borders yet.  I am thinking of leaving the braid, but filling in with a stipple in the background to distract from the less than pefectness of it.
While I ponder those choices, Lizzie will help me to by inspecting the rest of the quilting.
The laundry is done and it is time to shift into school work.  I think I'll just sit here first and procrastinate a bit longer while I admire my quilt.  Sydney is off at lacrosse practice while Anna and Ryan are both working on makeup work for school.  Anna's is from being gone for her concussion, and Ryan's is from being gone for his robotics tournament.  Going to school is so much easier than being absent.
First though, I'm linking up with Oh Scrap.  Because nothing could be scrappier than a quilt made primarily from 1 inch strips.  

22 comments:

sunny said...

Gorgeous quilt! Lizzie is such a good helper.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a beautiful quilt. I just love the scrappy design.

Ariane said...

This quilt is amazing!!

Kate said...

Congrats on getting this one quilted. It's one of my favorites. I like the borders, but what matters is how you feel about it.

claudia said...

That is a great quilt! I love all the color!

gpc said...

I always hated when the kids had make up work. It felt like they were being punished for being sick because, as you say, it is SO much harder than just being able to go to school. The quilt is fabulous!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your dog cracks me up...just like my cat. Such a lovely quilt; so much time involved up until now so take your time with your quilting and it will be another masterpiece : ) Looking wonderful so far!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I would take a bit to sit back and admire that beauty if it were mine too! It is truly amazing! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a beautiful quilt, Angela! I love all the little pieces. You're so close to having it done - isn't that a good feeling?!

Delighted Hands said...

Nice finish! Don't worry about the borders-try an echo around the lines you have to fill it in more-stipple does take longer but it will look good whatever you decide! Good work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your progress.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous... Lizzie thinks so too!

Ellen said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I don't see anything wrong with your quilting. :) I think it looks pretty good as is. Filling in the background a bit would look good too.

Kat Scribner said...

This is a micro masterpiece. IT will be a great finish.

Sara said...

Love those little rainbow blocks! The stipple is a clever way to fill in around the border quilting.

Cathy said...

Your quilt is beyond amazing!! I would sit and stare at it for hours! And your quilting is beautiful, I hope you finish all the borders that way!!

Marie said...

Lizzie has very good taste!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lizzie thinks it is perfect! Ha ha!

Pamela Arbour said...

First, I can't even believe you made that with 1" strips! Not to mention the fact that you have a family and a very full time job! It looks fabulous. I think the braiding looks great. I like your suggestion about stippling or something to fill in the space. I think that might be what you don't like about the braid. Keep going. It is going to look beautiful.

Unknown said...

The border looks OK. After it is washed, you won't notice the imperfections. I know we are all perfectionists, but finished is better than perfect, remember?

Jo said...

Adding more quilting to fill the space, no matter the design, will look good

Jennie in GA said...

I LIVE this quilt!! Congratulations on a beautiful finish.