Saturday, March 11, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - Rolling in Red

The weeks just get busier and busier right now.  All good though, so I am thankful.  Ryan's robotics team qualified for worlds!  He is off again this weekend to another tournament, the bus has been taking back and forth to Orlando each day.  Unfortunately, that means that I am waking up at 4:30 automatically now.  Anna is recovered from her concussion.  She isn't allowed to play again yet, but she is working her way through the protocol and should be fully cleared by the end of next week.  School is always a rush of course.  The quarter ends on Tuesday so all the end of term odds and ends are getting cleared off my desk now.  I'm sure there is lots more, but all this typing is cutting into my sewing time.  Lots and lots of red nine patches made it through last weekend as I worked on the tiny nine patches.  If I can get some framed out today then I can add another row to that quilt.  
What have you been up to in the sewing room?  Misterlinky is below.  Be sure to share with us all.  

15 comments:

Deb A said...

So glad to hear Anna is on the mend and congrats to Ryan! Hope you are able to find some sewing time today.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats to Ryan and healing hugs for Anna. Thanks for finding time to invite all of us in for Scrappy Saturday!

Angie said...

Hope you have time for some fabric therapy this weekend! Glad to hear the good news from your family!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that Anna is doing better. Congrats! to Ryan and his team. Team 587 was on the winning alliance at a Virginia competition. They are currently doing well in an in-state event this weekend. Hoping that you are able to get some sewing done!!

Delighted Hands said...

Working on it but March is a lot of visitors month! :')

Edith said...

Life is busy, glad you are able to get some sewing time in and very happy to hear that Miss Anna is on the mend.

claudia said...

It's good to hear that Anna is mending well.
I was sidetracked the week before last by red blocks gone wrong, and I have been pouting about it all week, while at the same time wanting to get on with the red blocks. I have nothing to show for myself this week! I did work on a project for my daughter's birthday which has passed, but she's coming to visit at the end of April and I need to finish this project so I can give it to her when she comes visiting. This week I have got to get back to my red train of thought though!

canuckquilter said...

Congratulations and good luck to Ryan and his team! I'm so pleased Anna has healed well.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Thanks, as always, for doing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and the weekly linky parties. I'm so glad your daughter is better, that must be a relief to both of you! Good luck with the end of term paperwork, I know what a nightmare that can be.
Cheers,
Sylvia at Treadlestitches

works4me said...

Glad your daughter is better. Best to be safe and wait to get back to usual, rather than risk further issues.

I am really enjoying all the great red blocks this month. Thanks for hosting.

Nell's Quilts said...

Congratulations going out to Ryan. Happy to hear Anna is on the road to recovery. Busy times but good to find a few minutes here and there to do some sewing.

Chantal said...

Those are great news from your household. So happy for Anna and good luck to Ryan. ;^)

Lydsfire said...

You have such patience with all those 9 patches... AWESOME!!

Sandra Walker said...

So glad to hear good news on Anna, and woo hoo for Ryan's team! Love seeing the tiny 9-patches accumulating.

Kate said...

Congrats on Ryan's robotics team win. That is very cool. Hope you've had some time for stitching this week. I know DT is glad that mid terms are over. But we just finished registering for AP tests. The end of the semester is coming fast!