Saturday, April 15, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - Mixing it Up


I've gone crazy making randomly happy mixed crumb blocks.  Most of my scraps get sorted by color, but anything that can't live happily in a color drawer ends up in the mixed bin.  I'm doing my best to get that bucket all emptied out this month.  So far I just dumped it all out and started sewing anything together that was about the same size.  Those bits kept growing until they were big enough to get trimmed up to either 5 inches for 6.5 inches.  Maybe they will get sorted into pastels and brights?  Maybe they will just all learn to live happily together.  Time will tell.

10 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Good for you! I thought I had more multicolored fabric in my 2.5" strips until I remembered I've been cutting quilts for the Assistant out of that box, and I made a point of cutting up all the multi-colored fabrics for her blocks, since neither color nor value was important. At least I used them!

Cathy said...

Random blocks of random patterns and colors... genius! What a great idea for those little multicolored pieces left over after the first raid of my bin. May have to borrow that idea! Have a great week!

Kate said...

Lots of sparkly blocks on your table. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of that pile.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on tackling those MULTICOLORED scraps!!!

Deb A said...

Sounds like you had a productive week of working on scraps!

PaulaB quilts said...

Angela, thanks so much for doing this multi month. It's been a challenge for me and for others in getting contrast between lights and darks or colors, as well as size of prints, all in the same block. They too easily mush together. A great learning experience.

Teresa said...

I am a day late posting my RSC update. We have been on vacation in Texas and my little 9-patches went along with me. I was able to complete all 33 blocks, which was my goal for April.

Wendy F said...

Great multi-colored inspiration, thanks Angela!

Candace said...

Sorry that I'm on the list twice. I didn't think it worked, and now I don't know how to delete one. I have made several quilts using the RSC from I think 2013, and I may have enough for another one or two. When I get my stuff together, I will probably start taking part again.

Jo said...

There are still a lot of sewers stitching along with you. I haven't been doing much since I started full time work... readjusting..