Saturday, April 22, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - Rainbow Earthday

Happy Earth Day!  It is also march for science day, but I will not be marching.  Instead I will be doing science!  Today is our annual all county AP Biology review day.  There are just a few short weeks before the big exam.  So today I'll be making LAC operons out of swimming pool noodles and doing statistical analysis of M&Ms.  There will be snacks, and lunch and lots of kids from different schools.  It is always a jam packed day full of fun and learning.
Hopefully you have all been busy with your rainbow scraps.  I've got just two more jam packed weeks and then sewing time should be back on the agenda.




9 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I remember marching on the very first Earth Day-it poured and I was chilled to the bone....!
Here's to a good bit of sewing today!

Kathy S. said...

You are an awesome teacher. The kids are so lucky to have you. Have a fun day. Happy Earth Day.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you're going to have quite a day! I hope it's fun, and the rest of the school year goes smoothly for you!

Mari said...

Sounds like fun, especially the M and Ms part! :) Have a good day!

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Earth Day!! Have a great time with your activities!

Barbara said...

Happy Earth Day! Sounds like you have a fun day planned for yourself.

gayle said...

Enjoy your day! I was there for the very first Earth Day, and we're getting ready to go into D.C. to join the Science March for today's Earth Day.
Go Science!

Marly said...

Have a good day with your students, Angela. It sounds very exciting, although your "swimming pool noodles" have me mystified!

canuckquilter said...

An all-county AP review day sounds like a fabulous idea. I hope all went well. Judging from your plans involving pool noodles and M&Ms, I suspect my daughter would much prefer your biology class to the one she's in!