Saturday, August 19, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday

I'm off to run 8 miles this morning, but will update as soon as I am home again.  First full week of school is done and all is well.
OK, home again after a morning run.  All showered and ready to start the day!
I finished putting the blocks together for Nine Carat Diamonds on Sunday.  I'm pondering a thin rainbow striped inner border and then a wider outer border of black and white or maybe something in charcoal grey?
 Being done with nine patch leaders and enders for a bit, it seemed like a good time to switch gears.  I have a ton of four patches made from 2.5 inch squares hanging around.  Those are now in the process of getting turned into 16 patches.  A few neutral squares have already started to work their way through the process.
While in organizational mode, it seemed like a good time to get some more leaders and enders ready to go.  Now I just have to decide which main project to get back to work on while these extra blocks wait patiently.
How are your neutral fabrics coming along?  Misterlinky awaits!

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how your Nine Carat Diamonds is looking! Such a simple block, but so pretty in all the colors of the rainbow!

Edith said...

I'm having so much fun working with neutrals this month. I love your Nine Carat Diamonds, might just put that one on my to do list.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I love your Nine Carat Diamonds. Congats on running 8 miles. I'm working on a half-marathon training schedule at the moment. I have an 8-mile walk/run scheduled for Monday. I'm excited about it and dreading it all at the same time. Thanks for the fun linky party! Love to see what everyone's working on. Andrea

make.share.give said...

The blacks and whites in Nine Carat Diamonds reminds me of the eclipse. School has been cancelled on Monday. I'm thankful- I didn't want the responsibility of my kiddos and their safety glasses :)

Monica said...

Your 9 Carat Diamonds look awesome! What a great name. :D

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt. Such striking colors. A black border would be perfect. Anything else would take away from the beautiful quilt!

Sandy Panagos said...

Nine-carat-Diamonds is really coming along! I'm not a runner, but sometimes when I clean house, I FEEL like I'e run 8 miles. Does that count?

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thanks for hosting the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It is so fun and inspiring to see what others do with their scraps and I love the rainbow play with quilt blocks.

Schulz Family said...

I enjoyed looking at all the posts from everyone. I wanted to put your button on my blog for the saturday link up but I can't find one. Any hints?