Saturday, May 12, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - Smells Like Roses

It's been a brutal week.  It went fast though, and the weekend snuck up on me.  The first week of AP testing is done.  Mine is on Monday, so I hope the kids will be ready.  I'll go in bright and early to make them pancakes before the big test.  Anna is off for science fair bright and first thing tomorrow morning.  She'll be back just in time for graduation next Friday.  Where has the time gone?
Still, even with all of that on the horizon, things are starting to calm down.  I was spending a lot of time working on switching my curriculum over to new textbooks next year, but there were a few funding hiccups, so all of that might not be necessary after all.  In a wait and see mode on that, sewing the day away sounds like a super plan.



I seem to have plenty of pinks to keep me busy for a while.  Having two girls means that pink in one of my big scrap bins.

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

9 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Good luck to her at the fair and a teacher who makes pancakes for breakfast sounds awesome! :) You have some lucky kids there.

Kate said...

Good luck to Anna at International(?) Science Fair. Sounds like it's been a whirlwind. I remember last year it seemed like the days just flew between prom and graduation. The SIT just finished her first year of college. Hope you get in some fun stitching time to build up a bit of sanity before heading back into the fray on Monday.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's pretty amazing that you will be making pancakes for your students on Monday morning - they are sure to do well on that test! Good luck to your daughter in her Science Fair, and to you for surviving May as both a parent and teacher!

Ivani said...

Good luck to your daughter during the science fair. None of my teachers made panckakes for us, you are a very special teacher. Happy mother's day!

Edith said...

A busy time for you, I hope you are able to find a little 'down time' to quilt.

grammajudyb said...

The end of the year is always super busy for you! Hope you can take a bit of "me time" this Mother's Day Weekend. I'll watch for your pink blocks in the coming Saturdays. In the meantime, I'll check all the other blogger's posts. ps: I just noticed yesterday on Inlinkz there is a new checkbox for privacy acceptance. It may not be new, but I found my post would not link at Busy Hands Quilts, until I checked the box. Judt FYI

Sheila said...

CONGRATULATIONS Anna!

Imigati said...

NIce

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that time did go fast!! congrats Anna! Hope your pancakes worked!!