Saturday, November 17, 2018

Gloriously Scrappy


Though I am off to a very late start today, it is for the very best of reasons.  It is beautiful outside, I have just gotten back from my first run in 2 weeks and I am finally starting to feel human again after being sick for what seems like a very long time. I thought I was getting a simple head cold, but after spending 4 days solid in bed, I'm not sure what it was.  I'm just so happy that it is finally going away.
Does anyone else get that end of the year burst of energy that makes them want to wildly start finishing things off?  Maybe I will even fire up the quilting frame.  I think I am ready to cross some projects off the list to make room for something new in the new year.  I hope you are all feeling the same way.  The linky is below, please share whatever it is you are wrapping up or starting fresh right now.  I'm sure a lot of you are anxiously preparing for the new Bonnie Hunter mystery.  I've managed to avoid the temptation so far.  We'll see if the resolve holds.


    An InLinkz Link-up
   

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

So sorry to hear that you've been sick, too! Tis the season. I'm still recovering from walking pneumonia. No fun, at all!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your rainbow of stars is so beautiful! I'm glad you're feeling better this week. Happy Weekend!

Kate said...

Sorry you've been under the weather, but glad you got to get out and enjoy the nice weather this weekend. I'm hoping to finish up a few things before the end of the year.

Cathy said...

So glad to hear you’re feeling better, especially with Thanksgiving coming up. It’s no fun being sick during holidays! Your rainbow stars are gorgeous!! Way to go! Yes, like you, I’ve been on a finishing frenzy to make way for 2019 projects. I’ve been finishing 3-4 projects a month for the last 3 months and it feels so good!!

katie z. said...

I do love to have a flurry of finishes at the end of the year. It's so nice to start in January with a clean batch of projects.

I hope your illness is "good and gone." We've been full of runny noses and coughing for the entirety of fall, it feels like!

Kathy S. said...

This is beautiful! Love your rows of stars!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hope you are feeling better. Beautiful quilt, I love it!

Sheila said...

Happy you are feeling better. Hope you will have a full recovery by Christmas.
I LOVE your rainbow stars quilt!!!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Glad you are feeling better... I think you passed it to me. Get that Quilting Machine fired up and go to it!! Its good to have that *got to finish* feeling!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your stars are pretty and perfect. Yes, what a relief to know you are getting better. Enjoy your days!

beaquilter said...

These blocks are great!