Saturday, June 13, 2015

RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler - Alternate Block Update

With the year approaching the halfway point, it is time to do some work on the alternate blocks.  So far, most of the blocks are pretty scattered in the final layout, but some of the parts are starting to come together.
So for the sake of organization, I thought I'd count everything up and post some total numbers for the sake of organization.  I'd love to go ahead and start putting some blocks together, but with a flight first thing in the morning, I wanted to get at least this much done.
So, here are the colored 2.5 inch squares you will need for the alternate blocks:
light blue = 18
yellow = 18
pink = 24
blue = 24
purple = 24
red = 24
brown = 24
light green = 24
indigo = 24
green = 42
orange = 40
In addition to the colored squares, you will also need background squares in 2.5 and 4.5 inch sizes.
So far you should be able to put together the blocks in row 3 which are a combination of light and bright blue along with green.  I haven't finished mine yet, but here is the list of the blocks you can finish:
One block which is green on the bottom.  The top is light blue on the left and blue on the right
One block which is green on the bottom and blue on the top
One block which is green on the bottom.  The top is blue on the left and light blue on the right
I'll post some pictures along with more specific instructions when I get back from New York, which I think is next weekend on Saturday.
Until then, the links on the RSC15 Sampler tab are up to date, so you should be able to make sure you are all caught up as well.

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, good! I can't wait to see how these alternate blocks bring it all together!

Nell's Quilts said...

Thanks for posting all the requirements. Now I'm so tempted to see if I can figure which colour will be the one for the rest of the year. Hmmmm - red for July? I wonder.

Raewyn said...

Wonderful! Thank you :-)

Kat Scribner said...

Shouldnt these background squares be cut at 4-1/2 inches? Storms today, so I've been catching up on cutting for this project.