You can do anything you like with your scraps. The easiest plan is to choose a single block and make one or several using the designated color each month. Some energetic souls choose multiple blocks and work on a different one each week. Some, more focused quilters, try to pull out ongoing projects which go with with color each month and make forward progress on those. Really dedicated souls have even been known to go crazy and make entire monochromatic quilts or projects during certain months.
The color will be announced each month on or around the first day. Then, the heart of the rainbow scrap challenge comes on Saturdays when I host a weekly linky party for anyone to join in with blocks, progress, plans or general scrappy inspiration.
Colors for 2018 (in alphabetical order for now):
- January - lighter and medium blues
- February - purple and lavender
- March - light green, lime, and yellow green
- April - yellow and gold
- May - pink and rose
- June - aqua and turquoise
- July - red and maroon
- August - orange and brown
- September - dark blue and black/ dark neutrals
- October - dark green and sage
Tracking Chart from Stephanie in PDF and in word