Sunday, July 18, 2010

Four Square is Done Done

The advantage of 16 hours in the car over a weekend is that it leaves lots of time for sewing down binding. Four Square was the first to be officially crossed off the list. It was a leaders and enders project using 2.5 inch squares sewn together randomly. Four of them were alternated with single squares sashed with white. The four patches had been sitting in a box for a while and were mostly sewn together with dark and lights paired. I think it muddled the effect of the pattern, so the next time I make this quilt I'll use all dark or medium squares.


Since it is a donation quilt, I pulled this hot pink and black fabric from the donation stash. I almost never have enough of a single fabric for an entire back, but this time I did. The binding is random leftovers.

2 comments:

Linda Lee said...

Great finish! I went back and looked carefully after reading your comment. I see what you meant--but it is still a great quilt.

Amy said...

Followed this from you "You may like..." suggested links.
HOW did I miss this last summer? Gosh, this is CUTE!