The advantage of 16 hours in the car over a weekend is that it leaves lots of time for sewing down binding. Four Square was the first to be officially crossed off the list. It was a leaders and enders project using 2.5 inch squares sewn together randomly. Four of them were alternated with single squares sashed with white. The four patches had been sitting in a box for a while and were mostly sewn together with dark and lights paired. I think it muddled the effect of the pattern, so the next time I make this quilt I'll use all dark or medium squares.
Since it is a donation quilt, I pulled this hot pink and black fabric from the donation stash. I almost never have enough of a single fabric for an entire back, but this time I did. The binding is random leftovers.