Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tiny Tuesday Returns

 Jill has started doing Midget Blocks and inspired me to pull mine out again.  It's been ages since I worked on one.  I think it was the Postage Stamp Blocks that got me side tracked.  Nobody is awake to take a picture, so the Christmas tree held up the block for me.  Such a nice tree. 
This is number 35 and is called Butterfly.  It seemed to have more seams than it needed, though I could see it done in lots of different fabrics. I almost substituted in some solid purple and yellow fabrics for the middle section of each wing, but decided to keep it simple.  It's one of those blocks that it would be fun to embellish with embroidery, but I won't 
I also finished off the next step in the RRCB mystery.  I'm using blue instead of pink to use up the extras from DJ.  I'm starting to sound like my husband who speaks in acronyms.  They actually supply them with a manual that list them all out at work.  He's gone next week again and I'm starting to get a little stressed about getting everyone to all of their activities at the right times. I think I've got it all down, but time will tell.  I made a little cheat sheet to keep it all straight. 

6 comments:

Candace said...

Your little block is adorable, and your step 2 fabrics are gorgeous. I love your colors.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Woo hoo for Tiny Tuesday!! Your block looks great! I can't wait to see how your RRCB comes together! :)

Karen said...

I love, love the butterfly block!

Amy said...

I love the colors for RRCB..I will be checking back to see it come together.such tiny blocks, I would prolly sew my fingers up.

Michelle said...

I like your blue and brown choice for the mystery...I'm curious to see how it turns out! Not many of us changed up the colors. :)

julieQ said...

Your colors are just so nice...love the blue and browns! Very cute little block...I have printed out the midget patterns...yet to be done, though!