Monday, August 29, 2011

Monkey Business

 I wanted to get a better photo of Monkey Business. Just one more to go.  My sister wanted two identical quilts for Zac's bunkbeds, but I'm not sure I have it in my to go into mass production.  Maybe I can make the next one with the same fabrics, but a slightly different arrangement?  Something in me is just calling out for a Monkey Wrench block, though I'm sure I would be the only one to get it. 
I'm really liking the quilting on this one.  They are fairly close maze like channels, and with the polyester batting that I used, they ended up quite firm and puffy.  I usually use a cotton blend batting, but tried something different this time.  Looks like a busy week around here, but I'll try to stay in touch if I can. 

4 comments:

Connie said...

What a cute quilt! You can make 2 alike.......just move the monkeys around a little bit! I really like the channel quilting!

Lynne said...

I don't know what a "monkey wrench" block is but I do get the pun! LOL

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Super cute quilt - just make a few variations to the second one - vary the positions of the monkeys of change where the monkey panel is.

Ellen said...

I have found that when I make a quilt as a "special request" the recipient wants what they want! I guess they often just don't understand that making a quilt is a creative, artistic endeavor. Personally, I would make it the same and just vary the monkey positions and she will be happy - 2 matching quilts!