Thursday, August 18, 2011

So Slowly

There is a reason I don't do much hand quilting.  Although I consider myself to be a patient person, I enjoy seeing results.  Is it possible to be TOO goal oriented?   It feels like I've been quilting this same quilt for absolutely YEARS.  With only a small section of the border left I am starting to see the beginning of the end. 
It was a good day at school today so I thought I'd take a few minutes to enjoy a little quilting time before heading off to bed.  We are studying the neuron tomorrow and I got a little drowsy previewing an animation of the action potential.  Tomorrow is FRIDAY though, and I am sure to find some time this weekend to indulge in something fun. 

It HAS been years.  I checked!  I first posted about this quilt in January of 2008.  By then all of the blocks were done.  It has taken 3 years and 7 months to quilt this one.  I guess that explains why more of my quilts aren't hand quilted.  

10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love hand quilting but it just takes me forever...and that is for sure why more of my quilts are machine quilted. I also enjoy seeing results!

Jessica said...

Wow, almost four years - that's quite an accomplishment! Almost there! It looks great by the way, you should post some close ups when it's done :)

Amanda said...

Alex Anderson reckons she can hand quilt a full sized quilt in six weeks, but I think she must be doing nothing else during that time. I'd get really bored. I have a quilt on the go that's been around for quite some time now too. Yours is looking lovely and you'll be so pleased with it when it's finished.

Deb A said...

Such a pretty quilt and lovely quilting on it! That is a long time... but it's having fun during the process that counts. Does this one have a home in mind? I'm guessing one of the kids?

Ellen said...

From what I can see it sure is worth the effort!! It is a lovely quilt that will surely be treasured for many, many years.

Amy said...

nix-ay on the hand-quilting for me too. I don't have the patience for it (yet?).

This will be a TREASURED quilt when completed though!!!

Lynne said...

You haven't inspired me to give it a try! LOL

Seriously, it's a lovely quilt and something you can be so proud of when it's done.

Brenda Kay said...

Although the road has been long you will always cherish this piecs and think of the stories you will be able to tell for many more years to come. Looks great, the end is near.

make.share.give said...

So pretty! Just looking at the strippy, bright border makes me happy.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I hear you! My only hand quilted quilt took almost 2 years to do.