Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

 I hope everyone is having a relaxing and rejuvenating Easter Sunday.  I tried sneaking into the sewing room first thing after the egg hunt this morning but was pulled back into a round on house cleaning that lasted until lunch.  Hopefully that silliness is over and I can get back to my little hideaway soon.  I put yellow sashing strips on two sides of my green crumb blocks to give them a less formal feel than a lattice and cornerstone treatment.  I think I still need to randomize the rotations a bit more.  After that I pulled all the cheddar bowties out to see how close I am to getting that one done. It has been ages since I finished anything and I am starting to feel that there are too many irons in the fire. 
Yesterday we went to a HUGE Easter party that a good friend hosts every year.  The kids have all been looking forward to it for ages and were so excited to get all dressed up and smash confetti eggs on all their friends.  I've been sweeping up leftover confetti all day but the kids are already looking forward to next year. 

7 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Your kids all look so good in there nice dress up clothes. I love your bow ties. My mom got some very old bow tie blocks from her Grandmother and made a little quilt with them some 20 years ago. Bow ties have a special place in my heart.

Cyn said...

The sashing on the crumb blocks looks great.
Happy Easter... sounds like you and your kidlets had a wonderful time at the Egg Hunt. We are holding our Big-Ta-Do this afternoon. Should be fun.

Amy said...

Too many irons in the fire; knowing exactly what you mean there!
The crumbs are cool, cool, cool!!!!!!!! Living in Wisconsin, ya gotta love green-n-gold :0) {{Go Pack??}} :0)

And the Cheddar bowties. LOVE the "rainbow" feel you've created!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea to border the green blocks on two sides!
I know what you mean about sometimes just NEEDING a finished project!

Teresa in Music City said...

I sure know how it feels to want to finish something - anything! It looks like both of those projects are coming along nicely and will be finished before you know it.

What a sweet picutre of your kids all dressed up in their finery! We never smashed confetti eggs - I bet my kids would have loved it too :*)

Ellen said...

Your design wall looks great - love the idea of bordering the green blocks on 2 sides - may have to borrow that idea!

Andee said...

Both tops are looking good. That cheddar layout is very cool!