Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tiny Tuesday - Flower Basket

This Midget Block is called Flower Basket.  It is another of the extra blocks from the midget applique set which can be purchased from Sentimental Stitches. I really like the basket fabric, but I think the purple is a little pale.  I need to find some more greens for leaves, they seem to come up a lot. I have now completed 90 blocks, though only 82 have posted.  That means I have the next 8 Tuesdays ready to go, enough to get me through the end of the school year and into summer vacation.  I am thankful for the buffer as the next few weeks will be extra busy with computer based testing and weekend review sessions.  Speaking of which, I'm off to finish a test and pick out some excellent essay questions. 

8 comments:

Ellen said...

I love the fabric that you chose for the basket - perfect. I think soft and pretty colours for a flower works too. Your applique looks so good!!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Cute! And there is a Midget Applique set? So this is not from the regular 100+ that she posted for free on her site?

Anonymous said...

I've seen that pattern before but not in the mini version. It is so cute! Very old pattern, and old fashion. I'd use my 1930's fabrics for it. ♥♥♥

Sheila said...

Sweet little block! Very nice.

Lynne said...

The fabric for the basket is a triumph indeed - what a cute little block.

make.share.give said...

You do SUCH an amazing job on these itty-bitty blocks.

Deb A said...

90 blocks done! Amazing. This is a very cute block. I wonder if she'll ever post more blocks past the 125.......

Linda Lee said...

This is great fabric.The entire block is awesome. I have enjoyed watching each of the itty-bitty blocks you have made...