Saturday, November 24, 2012

Scraphappy Saturday

I love that people are starting to finish up their rainbow scrap projects for this year and even plan ahead for next year. Some people will still need another color or two to round out their block selection. While their is not an official color coming for December, there are still some unexplored wedges on the color wheel. How about mint or lime green? Hot pink and peach are both nice colors. I know I am still overrun with blue. Maybe something in the pastel or Robbins egg area? My best suggestion is to pile your scraps all together and see what screams to be used. I must admit that I have unofficially started on a rainbow scrap challenge dear Jane for next years challenge. I get so much appliqué done on long car trips that I finished off my last Midget handwork and didn't want to be without. I am thinking of using up the scraps from that in some nice rainbow postage stamps.
Use the linky below to share your own progress or plans.




10 comments:

Lynne said...

I was given another plastic shopping bag of scraps on Thursday at the community quilt group. I'm not surprised at how much blue there was but very definitely surprised by how much green! I'm ready scrap-wise for next year! With DD's and WM's help they are sorted and ready to go!

Kate said...

I just picked fun fabrics from the stash to finish off my scrappy project. Looking foward to seeing what everyone comes up with next year.

Sewing In CT said...

Is there any good info on Dear Jane quilts? I bought the book. Is it just like Farmer's Wife - pick one, cut fabrics and start sewing? I'd like to try next year's challenge.

Sheila said...

I think I may start a rainbow postage stamp quilt next year, too. I can go through my scraps and cut a lot of 2 1/2" squares. Thanks for the idea, Angela. It probably would not get finished next year, but could be a fun 2 or 3 year colorful rainbow postage stamp quilt project!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I am ready for the Dear Jane challenge next year. Haven't started yet. Trying like crazy right now to get others out of the way to make room. I am getting there, slowly. Now to delete a bunch of pics out of Picasa so I can add more pics to my blog.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea to pile the scraps and pick a colour that dominates! So fun to start thinking about next year's project! Thanks so much for hosting!

Angie said...

Love the Rainbow Dear Jane idea - looking forward to seeing all the interpretations!

Katie Z. said...

I'm making plans for next year, since this year didn't work out for mr. No doubt the blue scraps will be most screaming for use!

Ellen said...

I am one of the participants that still needs to work on a few more blocks. They are in the line-up to get some much needed attention. Thanks for hosting the challenge...I am looking forward to seeing your rainbow Dear Jane blocks.

Candace said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing this next year, too. I hope to think of a suitable block and follow along. I love the quilts that others have made with the different colors. It's so nice of you to this.