Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tiny Tuesday - Japanese Garden

 This is Midget Block number 80.  It is called Japanese Garden and is paper pieced in five sections.  It is an odd little block, but it is finished with a minimum of fuss.  I am starting to miss my applique blocks, but I think there is one coming up again soon.
I tried fussy cutting the pieces to focus in on certain patterns in the fabric.  Not too bad, right?  See the little stripe down the middle of the blue, and the peach was part of a bigger allover pattern.  I'm still posting ahead, as soon as I get to the end of the year I'll double back and start doubling up.  Tiny Tuesday AND Mini Monday?  It could happen.  The big question now, will it be done by the end of the year?

5 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

Deb A said...

Very nice! Did you get the next two? They look like they involve hand work.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job!

Andee said...

This one is extra adorable!

Ellen said...

A very cute - looks like a little lantern.