Saturday, January 26, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Pink Roses for Hope

Today is the last pink Saturday, though there are still 6 pink days left in the month.
So here is a bit of pink trivia to start wrapping things up


  • First Lady, Mamie Eisenhower, who loved and wore pink so much it became known as “Mamie Pink”.
  • Pink encourages friendliness while discouraging aggression and ill-will.
  • Since the color pink is said to have a tranquilizing effect, sport's teams sometimes use pink to paint the locker room used by opposing teams.
  • In 1947, fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli introduced the color "hot pink" to western fashion. She dubbed the shade "Shocking Pink," though today the color is more well-known as "magenta."
  • Pastries taste better when they come out of pink boxes or served on pink plates (it only works with sweets). Pink makes us crave sugar.



 I am running out of pink scraps, but putting the last bits to use in these pink framed geese that I am desperate to finish for Hawaii Sunset.  How about you?  Still sorting through the last bits of pink?  Ready to share your pink projects for the month?  Use the Linky below to link to your post full of pink.  

    25 comments:

    Quilter Kathy said...

    I love your flying geese blocks...they would make a great scrappy project all on their own!

    Cathy said...

    Anyone who can make that many flying geese blocks has my admiration!

    Kate said...

    I'd like to see a pink locker room! Your flying geese are so bright and fun. No progress on my scrappy project for 2013, guess I need to get going on that.

    Jennie said...

    Good trivia for a pub quiz! I finally managed to get some pink DJ blocks done and linked up!

    Ellen said...

    Your geese look great. January is flying by!

    Connie Kresin Campbell said...

    Your pink flying geese are so neat! Thanks for all the fun this month working with pinks!

    Anonymous said...

    I was gonna link this last saturday, but my PC crashed. I´m from Sweden, but I also wtire in english on my blog :)
    Gun, Sweden

    Sheila said...

    I love your scrappy pink geese, Angela! January have been so much fun :D

    Deb A said...

    Such pretty geese! I fear I have more pink lurking around in the scrap bin. Maybe some more crumbs will get made this week. I'm starting to wonder what color we get to play with next month....

    Doniene said...

    I too, love your FG! This was fun for me. I couldn't get my thumbnail to publish - any hints!

    Blessings

    Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

    I decided to join in with RSC13 to jump start my creative juices! :)

    Teresa in Music City said...

    Fun facts!!! I did not know any of these. Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects :*)

    Edith said...

    Great pink trivia and I like the flock of geese flying into the pink sky.

    Angie said...

    Loved the pink trivia - I shall have to find some pink plates for serving King Cake!

    Jeanne said...

    Pink was great -- off to a good start here for 2013 :)
    When do you announce the next color?
    Jeanne

    Jamie Janow Elfert said...

    You have found the perfect wings for your flying geese! Looking forward to February's color challenge.

    Cathy Tomm said...

    Great flying geese. Thanks again for hosting. I will have to take a good look around Sunday. I am falling asleep tonight. Wow I was 28th this week. Looking forward to next month.

    Elly D said...

    I still have a lot of pink scraps to use another time, though I think I will try do something with them in the next few days before they are put back on the shelf :) Love your flying geese with pink skies!

    Sarah said...

    Im a bit late joining in with the pink, but at least Ive manage to get something done! I love flying geese - they look great.

    Quilter Kathy said...

    Oh my goodness...it's a scrappy pink explosion...so many great projects...I am tickled pink!
    SO FUN!

    Funky's Mama said...

    Actually got some pink Disappearing 16 patches done before the month disappeared! Looking forward to browsing through everyone else's pinks!

    KatieQ said...

    Paper piecing sounds like a great way to make Flying Geese. I will definitely have to try it.
    I can't wait to find out what next month's color will be.

    Andee said...

    That reminds me I need to make a pink heart! Purple is next..yaay!

    Rebeckah Austin said...

    I finally got around to linking :)

    Julia Graber said...

    Pink -- reminds me of The Pink Panther. Your flying geese are great. Did I hear that purple is next for February?