Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Slowdown


I've been stitching away steadily on the small blue Dear Jane.  Each block gets its own little treatment as the mood strikes me.  I'm well over halfway now, and starting to think that finishing might be a real possibility.
My hand quilting still isn't perfect, but it is a nice relaxing way to spend an evening while the family is watching a movie together in the evening.  Kathy is hosting a link up for slow stitching Sunday, head over to her blog to see what others are up to.
The girls both got up this morning and decided to start sewing.  We got a new sewing machine for Anna a couple of weeks ago.  There was an add in the paper that was advertising a clearance sale on school overstock machines still new in the box.  Kurt was able to drive down on his lunch break and get her all set up.  Now Sydney has taken over Anna's old machine which used to be mine, and they are both happy as clams.
Yesterday was crazy busy.  Ryan had his first football of the new season and Anna wanted to go to a Lacrosse clinic.
Not wanting to go alone, she recruited her friend Allie.  They were definitely the youngest girls there, but they stuck together and had a good time.  She seems to have talked Allie into signing up with her for the recreational lacrosse league that starts next month.   Somehow poor Sydney's Girl Scout meeting got lost in the shuffle of all that.  
By the end of the day, Anna was done though and snoozed right through the second movie in our Lord of the Rings marathon.  
I'm hoping Sunday will be a little more relaxing.  The boys are going to play Dungeons and Dragons and the girls want me to take them shopping for new outfits to wear for science fair.  

11 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

A busy time with the family. How wonderful that both of your girls share your crafting interest. A specal feeling for you, with the end of the quilt definetely insight. Congratulations!

Teresa in Music City said...

Sounds like wonderful family activities Angela! And what a nice picture to see your two girls sewing! My daughter has no interest in it and so far my granddaughters don't either. Sara likes to crochet a little and Emma has begun to enjoy embroidery. I'll take what I can get, right?!!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great life you have my friend! Loved seeing the girls with their sewing machines on the table and having some fun together.
Love the quilting design you showed on the back of your quilt...this is a treasure of quilting ideas!
Thanks for linking up!

Sheila said...

WONDERFUL picture of your girls and their sewing machines!!!!!
Most excellent post today. I have a big smile on my face. Thank you for sharing.

Kath said...

oh look at that little black face peeping out from under the quilt!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

How wonderful that your girls love to sew. My daughter never had an interest in crafts. She did learn to knit in college. Happy quilting!

Browndirtcottage said...

This is so cute with your little ones. I learned early to be creative and to sew and it has stuck with me allll these many years!

I think your hand quilting is j-u-s-t fine. I find the clam shell I am quilting on is a little primitive when it comes to the hand quilting. Seems I can't get my stitches to come out very even, but I keep telling myself this one will never be entered into any contest!!

I'm pluggin along like you this Sunday, getting very close to a finish!!

Lynne said...

Your girls look so sweet in the sewing room together! How cool to have your own ,aching at their ages! I was seventeen, DD was nineteen (she hadn't expressed much interest before that!)

Kate said...

You are so lucky your girls have expressed an interest in sewing, Drama Teen likes to direct my efforts, but wants nothing to do with sewing at all.

How people with more than one child survive weekends with sports involved always amazes me. We have just one and that's enough to drive us to distraction.

audrey said...

Your hand quilting looks wonderful! How great that your girls are taking an interest in sewing! Good for you and them.:)

Andee said...

Your hand stitching looks good to me!