Saturday, July 13, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday

Another Saturday has come again and I have not been anywhere near my fabric or sewing supplies.  I am home again for a bit though.  After 7 days without a bite of food or drop of water, Mom woke up on day 8 and said she was thirsty and wanted a drink.  She is now munching on ice cubes and popsicles and looking much better as a result.  I bought a one way ticket home and will spend a few days with the family before going up again, taking the kids with me next time I hope.  Kurt does such a great job of taking care of everything while I am away, but I SO missed my own home and family that I am ecstatic to be back again.
I hope though that you are all happily sewing away with your teal, aqua and turquoise.  Anything that isn't quite blue and isn't quite green is fair game this month.  Use misterlinky below to share your progress, I hope to catch up with everyone again some day soon.

15 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and that your Mom is showing some improvement. Must have been very stressful waiting all those days to see what would happen. You need some sewing time!

Amanda said...

It really makes you appreciate your family doesn't it when things aren't going so well. My best wishes to you all.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I've been thinking about you and look forward to your updates. It's so stressful to be away from home for long periods of time during a health crisis. Take care of yourself too!

Sheila said...

You, your mother and family have been on my mind all week. Thank you for the update. I'm hoping for the best. Take care of yourself, Angela

Karen said...

I hope things continue to improve for your mom. Take care. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Margaret said...

I don't follow the rainbow challenge but I do follow your blog...and your journey with your mom is akin to the one so many of us take or have taken. I do hope your mom's 'rest' has performed a healing work and that she will improve and be with you all for some time to come. God bless.

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Many of your readers are and/or have been in your shoes and feel so much for you. Glad to hear an update, take care!

Amy said...

You have definitely been on my mind! Thanks for the update and I'm hoping for the best for you.

Katie Z. said...

Take care, and get some rest!

Cathy said...

I know it is very stressful when parents or other loved ones live at a distance and have health issues. Glad you get some time at home now and your mother is showing some improvement.

Edith said...

It's so nice to hear from you again, so many nice thoughts shared above, I can't say anything better than has already been said, sending healing thoughts and blessings your way.

Angie said...

Glad to hear your mom is improving. Continuing to send good thoughts and healing vibes your way.

Ellen said...

Good to hear that you are back at home with your family. I am sure they miss you just as much as you miss them.

Such good news about your Mom! Hoping that she continues to improve.

Cathy Tomm said...

Sorry to hear your mom has been sick, I hope she improves. I am sure you have been glad you could be there for her over the holidays. Hope you can take some hand work this week.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

sending best wishes of comfort and healing for your Mom and rest for you.