Saturday, November 23, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday in Need of Chocolate

It has been one of those weeks that left me desperately in need of chocolate.  Desperately.  Thankfully we are still fully stocked up on leftover Halloween candy around here.  Sadly, my machine is still in the shop.  The faceplate is broken and a new one is still on order.  Not that I have had much lately for sewing.  Catching up after my weekend away has kept me busy.  We did however, just find out yesterday that instead of hosting Thanksgiving here we will all be driving to North Carolina.  The thought of 22 hours in the car got me prepping a new applique project to keep me occupied. The reason for the change is a suspicious spot found on my mother-in-laws lungs.  She was still planning on making the trip until the bronchoscopy yesterday went awry.  They will try agin on Tuesday.  It brought flashbacks of my mom's lung metastasis followed by a problematic procedure.  On the upside though, that means I can sew today instead of turning the sewing room into the guest room.  I'm still working on a proper quarter inch seem for my backup machine.  At the very least I can do some crumb blocks.  What chocolate covered projects have you got going on?  I hope you can find a little creative time before the start of a hectic holiday season.



17 comments:

Amy said...

Concerned about your mother-in-law up here; my thoughts will be with you.
Thankful that you can kick back a little bit today with your backup machine! I will be joining you in that sewing! Tidying up and getting ready for next Friday!!! :)

Angie said...

Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and hoping for the best outcome.

Katie Z. said...

You and yours will be in my prayers. What a rough time for your family!

I hope you get to plenty o crumb blocks today.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh dear... so sorry to read this and will hope for the best! This week brought the 3rd surgery of the last 2 months in my extended family too - all the patients are doing well but it is never easy. Take care.

Amanda said...

Best wishes to your MIL, what a worrying time you're all having. Why is it that chocolate seems to be the exact thing we need from time to time?

Cathy said...

Here's wishing you lots of chocolate and wishing your MIL good health to come.

I think sewing crumbs are almost as much a stress reliever as chocolate so good luck on getting some sewing done too.

Kate said...

Hope all goes well with your MIL. Hope you also found your chocolate and a some time to prep your blocks.

Joanne said...

Thinking good thoughts for your Mother in Law. You have had more than enough to deal with this past year. I tried to link but not certain I was successful. Joanne

Deb A said...

Oh no. Thinking of you and your family. Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful time with family next week. Prepping those midget appliqué?

Ellen said...

I too hope all goes well for your MIL.

I do hope that you have had time to sew - it really does soothe the soul!

Dasha said...

Hope all goes well with your m-i-l Audrey. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sure hope you get some rest and sewing time, and that all goes well with your MIL... that must be a very anxious time after all you've been through this past year with your Mom.

Cathy Tomm said...

Get the back up machine out and sew girl. It just reminded me I was to pick up mom's machine today and I forgot. Oh well next week, she's away.

Julie in GA said...

Here's hoping your MIL gets some good news next week, and also that you get your sewing machine back soon.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of getting rid of my second sewing machine. Rethinking it; never know when I'll need a back up.

Here's to health and healing.

Anonymous said...

Oops. I lept to the conclusion that this was about only scraps, then as I read others' blogs I see it was about brown scraps. Sorry, no brown in mine. I'll play fair next time. :-)

Julierose said...

Confession Time: I have totally skipped "Brown Month! Just couldn't seem to get to it...is black close enough (LOL)? Mea Culpa...watchin' everyone's projects, though..hugs, Julierose