Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Sampler - Bento Box

This block is based on a 4 by 4 grid.  It uses 2 inch strips.
From the dark fabric cut one 2 inch square, one 2 by 3.5 inch rectangle and one 2 by 5 inch rectangle.
From the light fabric cut one 2 inch square, one 2 by 3.5 inch rectangle, one 2 by 5 inch rectangle and one 2 by 6.5 inch rectangle.
Start piecing from the bottom left corner, first sewing the two squares together and pressing toward the dar.
Next add the light colored 2 by 3.5 inch rectangle and press toward the left.  Add the dark green 2 by 3.5 inch rectangle to the top followed by the larger green rectangle.  Repeat one more round with the light green rectangles.
Your finished block will be 6.5 inches.  Tada!

9 comments:

Debra said...

Very nice! Assuming the color for the month of May is green! LOL

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great block and I'm assuming May is green also :)

Needled Mom said...

I'm liking the green!!!

Deb A said...

Green! Such a fun and easy block.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you pulling your greens already - I am madly trying to finish up all the purples I started lol

Nell's Quilts said...

Yeah, a nice easy start to green. I'll have to finish the purple before I start the green.

sophie said...

I came back on May 1st just to be sure ... is it GREEN? A specific shade of green?

Jo said...

Well done..
I have green to work on
Thanks

Kate said...

I need to finish the purple before I can start on green. I'm looking forward to seeing what green scraps are lurking in the scrap drawer.