Sunday, August 10, 2014

So Close

I thought I was done with the flimsy and backing for Strings and Crumbs.

I did the inner border, and the crumb border and even the wide calming outer border.  Borders are my nemesis, so I was doing pretty well I thought.
I almost had just enough for the backing.  Just need about three more inches, of course I don't have three more inches.  I might add a stripe of the inner border fabric to the middle.  Not today though.  I am ready to start cleaning up some of the chaos and settle in for the evening.  I'll write a note and put it with the top so that I remember what I'm supposed to do next time I pull this guy out.  

6 comments:

sunny said...

I LOVE this! I don't like making string blocks, but after seeing this beauty, I might make some anyway.

Ellen said...

It does look really good. Smart idea to put it away with a note so you know what the next step is. I still haven't learned that lesson!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Nice to see that even your strings and crumbs are green this month. That note idea is clever. I'll have to remember that one.

Needled Mom said...

That makes a great quilt. 3 more inches??? Soooo close. I know the strip will look great.

Rebecca in AK said...

I love this quilt! Lots of scrappiness and strings! Good idea about the note. I thing a strip of the inner border would look great on the back.

Kate said...

It's amazing how fast a quilt can come together once most of the blocks are made. Looks great. I love the border fabric, it's a nice frame for those blocks.