Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Slowdown

I was ready to settle down on the couch and do absolutely nothing this evening.   Then I saw a Downton Abbey special on PBS and had an urge to stitch a bit of binding to say goodbye to the weekend.  It didn't take long to get the binding sewn on to the front of Jamestown Landing.  
Everything is scrappy about this quilt, even the binding, but somehow it all goes together because everything is green.  I've got all my supplies handy in a purple zipper case that I sewed up earlier this summer.  With that, I'm off to stitch a bit of binding.  I hope you are all finding a reason to sit with a bit of handwork today.  Be sure to visit Kathy and see what everyone is up to.  

17 comments:

Barb said...

I know it feels so good to have a quilt finished. It looks wonderful.

The Cozy Quilter said...

So nice to be finishing off a project!

Lilian Pilar said...

Angela, un trabajo bellisimo y solo con retales de chatarra...
Precioso!!

Jo said...

I like how you have also done a scrappy sashing. The green looks good

Jill said...

Gosh, I missed the Downton special. Binding would have been a good stitching project to do while watching it. I like coordinated scrappy quilts. It is looking good.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It looks wonderful ! So bright and pretty! :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

One of my favorite color combos ... Gorgeous quilt!

Ellen said...

Wow - so close to finishing this beautiful quilt!

Mary said...

I love how this project turned out. I missed the program, I hope it is replayed.

Kat Scribner said...

wonderful quilt. I love monochromatic; i.e. same color family with a zillion different fabrics. The best of the best. I don't know how you get so much done, and work and have a family. Superwoman, I suspect.

Angie in SoCal said...

Love that quilt as I am partial to green. I actually did sit down and do a bit of handwork. Mine was turning under the seam allowance to a paper pieced part of a block.

Rebecca in AK said...

I love this green quilt! I hope you enjoyed your evening of stitching!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great green scrappy quilt! I missed the Downton Abby special, completely forgot about it. I guess my applique was keeping me too busy.

Andee said...

That quilt is stunning in green! I like it even better than in blue...it is on my list for someday, might have to get going on one!

Scrappy quilter said...

It looks so cool. Love the greens

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy that this gorgeous quilt now has a binding :)
I can't believe I missed a Downton special?!?!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching evening.