Saturday, November 15, 2014

ScrapHappy Saturday - Lovin those Baby Blues

 These giant postage stamps have been hanging out since August.  The last block will be light blue.
 The leftovers are waiting to go into this chevron design.
These 1.5 inch strip sets are ready to go, they just need some ironing and a little bit more combining.
Kurt's parents and sister are coming to visit on the way home from a cruise, so the sewing room needs to be changed into the guest bedroom.  First though, I think I can find a little bit of time to finish up just a few blocks.
What are your scrappy scraphappy plans for the day?  Use misterlinky below to share your progress on blue or on the finishing of your rainbow scrap challenge projects for the year.  It is halfway through November already and I'm looking forward to lots of great finishes in the next few weeks.
First though, I was finally able to draw the winner of the hand dyed fabrics by Vicki Welsh for November.  Vicki just finished up a rainbow scrap challenge quilt top this week.  The fabric winner is Barbara at Cat Patches.  She is planning to finish off a Christmas tree wall hanging/table runner before the end of the year.  She has been quilting like crazy in the icy Oregon winter.  It is hard to imagine that snow and ice have already blanketed large portions of the country.  Looks like another cold winter, its a good thing we all have plenty of quilts to keep us warm.

18 comments:

Marly said...

I like your giant postage stamps. You amaze me that you still have scraps left after so many blocks this year.
This afternoon I shall be starting on a mug rug (I just bought the mug!) for a friends birthday next week.

Deb A said...

Love those postage stamps! I need to make a pillowcase for a birthday party this afternoon but hope to sneak in some more churn dashes today.

Sewing In CT said...

I love your giant postage stamp blocks!

Sewing In CT said...

I love your giant postage stamp blocks!

Angie said...

That's a lot of postage stamps! What a great way to use up small scraps and play with color!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love those postage stamp blocks. I should probably take my smallest scraps and get to work putting some together!

Cathy said...

Love your PS projects especially the giant PS blocks.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, I really love both of your rainbow projects! (But I will NOT start a new project until I finish at least one more. If I can just stick to that commitment!)

Mari said...

I love that chevron quilt from the smaller blocks. What a great idea to use up even the tiniest bits. Have fun with your in-laws!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVE SCRAPS!!! Just look at all the wonderful things we are all making . . . Yes!

Kate said...

Those postage stamp blocks are so pretty and such a great way to use up those small strips.

Debra said...

Your postage stamp blocks are stunning!!! That is a lot of piecing, but so worth it! Can't wait to see them all finished. Thanks again for hosting.

Teresa in Music City said...

Ooooo those postage stamp blocks make me want to cut all my scraps into little tiny squares!!!

Ellen said...

You are going to have a couple of wonderful quilts!

Colder weather has definitely arrived. We have been getting snowflakes fall almost everyday for the last several days. Thankfully, they are not sticking!!

Dasha said...

Your postage stamps are a winner with the addition of that white border! Hard to imagine ice and snow that the US is having with the temps we have had in the last few days - 39C on Friday and 31C due today. Too hot.

Nell's Quilts said...

The giant postage stamp blocks look so good. They remind me of one of those computer code squares (can't think of what they're called). The left overs make a wonderful chevron quilt. You've been busy with the scrap challenge.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful giant postage stamp blocks - look forward to seeing them all finished! My scrap plans are for finding more strips for my H blocks.

Barb said...

Wonderful postage stamps and linkys