Monday, November 3, 2014

RSC Sampler - Zig Zag

I know it is the blue month, but I laid out all my RSC sampler blocks and decided that I needed one more in orange.  So here is a Zig Zag block in orange.  Feel free to make yours in whatever color your quilt needs.
 This block uses just 2 inch strips, so it goes together pretty quickly.  I chose a dark orange print and a  lighter solid orange background.
From the print, cut 4 rectangles that are 2 by 3.5 inches.
From the solid orange, cut 4 - 2 inch squares.
Next layer the 2 inch strips right sides together and cut 4 HST units.
 Sew the HST blocks together, trim the dog ears and press.  Next sew each HST unit to a solid square along the edge with the print fabric.
 Press toward the solid orange and pair this two patch with the print rectangle.
 Sew these together as shown to make 3.5 inch squares.
These should be arranged just like a pinwheel block and sewn together to make a 6.5 inch unfinished square.  

4 comments:

Andee said...

This looks pink--not orange, but whoot whoot!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great little block! Certainly one I would love to have a play with.

Dasha said...

Looks verrryyy pink to me! (giggle)

Kate said...

Very bright and fun block.