Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cherry Blossoms

The pieced borders are on Cherry Blossoms!  I went with a dark purple inner border.  Not sure if I will repeat it as an outer border or let it end with the nine patches.  That will be a decision for another day though.  This was Bonnie Hunter's Crabapple pattern from her first Leaders and Enders book.  I started it in the summer of 2012 as a way to put lots of random nine patches to good use.  I'm working through lots of old projects right now trying to tidy things up a bit.
The marking period ended on Friday and I need to make sure all my grades are done.  I was glad to be able to finish this up first though.  Most of the day was busy with sleepovers and lacrosse, I was sure that this one was going to be put away again.  Life keeps getting in the way of sewing time!

19 comments:

Deb A said...

Oh, that came out looking great! Love the purple in it. Wouldn't it be great to have a pause button for life... so we can sneak away and sew?

Ramblings from Randi the Wild Rose Quilter said...

Very pretty!

Sheila said...

I love this one, Angela. It's beautiful! I've been looking at that pattern. Definitely on my bucket list now.

Angie said...

I really love how this one came out! Purple was a great choice for the sashing and inner border. Score one for finishing!

Delighted Hands said...

Superb! I love the pieced outer border on this one; it really looks balanced. Great job of finishing it against all odds! lol

Chantal said...

Gorgeous! Congrats for a lovely finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is so fantastic!!!

Kate said...

I love the borders! A very balanced quilt, and gorgeous to boot!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks GREAT!! I think that I would leave it as is and finish it off with a purple or green binding... unless you'd like for it to be bigger.

PaulaB quilts said...

It's a great pattern, new to me. The purple sashing with the green triangles and a nice grounding to the tiny bits. They look very small to me. A very satisfying finish indeed.

Vicki W said...

I adore this!

Jennie in GA said...

Really nice. Don't think it needs another border.

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt! Good idea to finish a lot of UFO:s. I´m also working on that :)

the girlfriend gap said...

Yea for you! Looks Beautiful! Janita

Teresa in Music City said...

A wonderful finish Angela!!! Life has been getting in the way of my sewing time too - I'm hoping to have a nice long winter's break now. Maybe I can get caught up on my RSC projects :*)

Edith said...

Nicely done, the border looks great.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh it looks wonderful! :)

Kate said...

Cherry Blossoms looks great! Hope you get all your grading done and everything posted. I know from the homework that DT brings home, I sure wouldn't want to have to do all that grading. Especially the essays!

Andee said...

Love it!