Sunday, January 22, 2017

Slow Stitching Sunday - Circle Round Up

I started strong on the circles last year.  Then life got in the way.  It was a busy year for work and my sewing suffered.  
January
January has been done for ages.  Blue was the color of the month last year.  
February
Brown and pink are finished for February.  
 March
There are 4 more purple circles sitting next to my spot on the couch.  Those will finish off March.  
April
April needs 4 more blocks as well.  They are in my "to go" bag ready for stitching.  
May
May, I think I also needs 4 more.  I sewed a lot of green circles while we traveled to Nana's funeral after Christmas. 
 June
After that, it starts to get more sparse. 
Still that is half of the year almost done.  I'll get those odds and ends all sewn together and start to think about the second half of the year.  One step at a time.  This has turned into a two year quilt, but I do enjoy the way it is coming together.  
There isn't much going on today.  I did most of the laundry yesterday while most of the family was gone.  They all came home exhausted after the Lego Tournament.  Everyone has homework to work on today so they should not need much entertaining.  I'll sew up a few more circles before it the day gets into full swing.  First though, I'll head over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other people have going on in the way of slow stitching.  






12 comments:

Deb A said...

Your circles look so pretty in their color blocks. Life does tent to interrupt the sewing... but it is so nice that fabric is patiently waiting for us when we are able.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Wonderful colors, I take it that you are making one for every day? They look great so far, good luck with the rest of the year.

CathieJ said...

Your circles look great and life happens. A two year quilt is better than one that never gets done.

Jo said...

Good little take along project. They will get finished eventually...

Quilter Kathy said...

It is such an awesome project! Maybe you could prep the other colours and then work on them over the summer?!?

Angie in SoCal said...

This is on my bucket list as a way to do scraps. Yours is going to be beautiful.

Mary said...

Some day I need to resurrect my circles project and see where I stand. Your's looks great!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Just don't get dizzy while you are sewing all those circles! Looking good!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh I love seeing them all together by color Angela! So inspiring! My circles slowed to a halt pretty quickly last year, so I have a lot more to catch up on than you... I can only hope mine ends up being a two-year project :*)

Kate said...

You've got lots done already. It's going to be a fun quilt to see all finished. Happy slow stitching.

a good yarn said...

Seeing your gorgeous circles makes me want to make a quilt like this.

leanne said...

so many fabulous circles !! I'm continuing Quilty Folk's 365 project over on my blog - its such a fun project !! (daisyandjack at hotmail.com)