Monday, January 16, 2017

Design Floor Monday

It took all of Saturday to get OMG It's  a Churn Dash ironed and ready for borders.
After auditioning several options, I decided on pink and teal.  There was enough pink for a thin inner border, but nothing with enough yardage for a wide outer border.  Off to the fabric store!
First though, I pulled some backing options.  All the new fabric has been through the wash now and after a bit more time with the iron, I'll be down on hands and knees again for the rest of borders and backings.  
Happy Martin Luther King day!  So happy to have an extra weekend day to play.  

15 comments:

Gene Black said...

It is looking great!

Churn Dash said...

Your quilt top is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you find for a border.

Helen

Meloney said...

that is sooooooo pretty.
Love this quilt.
If I didn't have so many going on right now, I might just jump in and do one myself.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful! Large backings are a chore but so good to cross off the list :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!!! and YAY!! for progress

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a GORGEOUS quilt top!

Nell's Quilts said...

So nice to have an extra day to play. Enjoy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like the 2nd fabric on the left for the backing. Have fun choosing!

kiwikid said...

The quilt looks amazing!! Lovely to have a long weekend.

canuckquilter said...

This is so pretty! It deserved a special trip to the quilt shop for just the right border.

MissPat said...

So nice to have you back, posting more often. This will be a large project off your plate. Bet it feels good.

dq said...

This quilt is to die for! I love the rainbow of colors in an organized fashion. It reminds me of how I organized my Dear Jane quilt.

Lovely!

Dar said...

What a beauty. Love the coloration arrangement of your churn dashes.

Delighted Hands said...

So nice to get a top to this stage, isn't it?!
It looks spectacular!

Kate said...

It's a gorgeous quilt! Congrats on all the progress.